17.4.10

jumper+skirt

I'm among those who were astonished by Dries Van Noten's fall 2010 collection. I have to admit I wasn't a big fan of the spring-summer -10 collection, as I'm not so much into mixing patterns. But fall, oh fall, it's been haunting my subconscious. Especially these outfits. 
It would have never came into my mind to combine slouchy jumper with equally wide skirt. Very fifties-sixties and Audrey Hepburn-ish. And the details, that wide neckline, those orange gloves (!), textures... I could go on and on. The whole collection had sort of airy fresh feeling.

  
So, this is what I came up with my wanders. (Not that the jumper is slouchy as in those examples.)
skirt: COS, jumper: JC

This skirt is a purchase from last fall from COS, which in my opinion, had then in store really Dries Van Noten fall 2009 influenced collection color- and model-wise. So now that DVN has created again a bit more minimalistic collection, no wonder COS's skirt suits that feeling.

No comments: